THE RAPID SECURITIES SURFAID CUP GOLD COAST
IS A SURFING COMPETITION
TO RAISE FUNDS FOR SURFAID
SURFAID CUP // GOLD COAST // 20 OCTOBER 2017
Artwork provided by Jay Alders
SurfAid’s core mission is to save the lives of women and children in remote areas of Indonesia — areas connected to us by surfing. We specialize in working in very isolated villages where the maternal and child mortality rate is extremely high.In the past sixteen years, in addition to building award winning health programs, SurfAid has helped communities re-build their lives after five major natural disasters — earthquakes and tsunamis in the area.
- Five surfers per team, including one pro/sponsored surfer picked from the pool
- Heat schedule, times and format will be determined by final number of teams and competitors
- In relay style, each surfer is to catch two waves and return to the tag area
- Every surfer’s second wave is worth double points
- You will need to recruit four (4) surfers to make up a team
- Pro selection is based on order of the team’s fundraising results
- Each team must raise a minimum of $5,000 to compete
- To collect sponsor donations, your team must first contact SurfAid to sign up.
You will then be provided with an Everyday Hero Team fundraising page where you can promote your participation via email and social media, and accept donations online.
Offline (cash) donations can be credited to your team by contacting SurfAid.
- Trophies are presented to the winning team and fundraisers at the presentation ceremony after the event
As a competitor, you will receive:
- Official event T-shirt and other goodies.
- SurfAid Cup Manly event highlights clip.
- Invitation to event after-party.