THE EVOLUTION SURFAID CUP
NEWCASTLE IS A SURFING COMPETITION
TO RAISE FUNDS FOR SURFAID
SURFAID CUP // NEWCASTLE // 24 FEBRUARY 2017
Artwork by: Jay Alders
SurfAid is a non-profit humanitarian organisation whose aim is to improve the health, wellbeing and self-reliance of people living in isolated regions connected to us through surfing. All funds raised go towards building stronger communities in the Mentawai and Nias islands off the coast of Sumatra, and the islands of Sumba and Sumbawa in eastern Indonesia.
- Five surfers per team, including one pro/sponsored surfer picked from the pool.
- Team order is submitted prior to the start of each heat.
- Heat schedule, times and format will be determined by final number of teams and competitors.
Full details will be provided to registered teams prior to the event.
- In relay style, each surfer is to catch two waves and return to the tag area.
- Every surfer’s second wave is worth double points.
- You will need to recruit four (4) surfers to make up a team.
- The top fundraising teams get to choose their pro surfer in order of the team’s fundraising results.
- Each team must raise a minimum of $5,000 to compete.
- To collect sponsor donations, your team must first contact SurfAid to sign up. You will then be provided with an Everyday Hero Team fundraising page where you can promote your participation via email and social media, and accept donations online. Offline (cash) donations can be credited to your team by contacting SurfAid.
- Trophies will be presented to the winning team and fundraisers at the presentation ceremony after the event.
As a competitor, you will receive:
- Official event T-shirt and other goodies.
- SurfAid Cup Newcastle event highlights clip.
- Invitation to event after-party.Support a team